Fixed Fee Interview
We understand that clients are often worried about instructing solicitors, because of the fear of receiving large and unexpected bills. At Benchmark Solicitors London we aim to make our fees as reasonable and transparent as possible from the outset. With this in mind, our fixed fee interview of up to an hour is designed to provide us with an initial overview, which in turn allows us to provide you with initial advice and direction, so that you can make an informed decision as to whether to instruct a solicitor or not.
We offer this service at a reduced rate of £150 inclusive of VAT.
For more information on our fixed fee interview please click here.
Other Fixed Fee Work
At Benchmark Solicitors London we offer the following fixed fees (excluding court fees) for each stage of tenant eviction. Please note that the below does not apply to squatters or trespassers as they are not tenants, please see our squatters or trespassers page if you wish to evict these occupiers from your property or land.
- Stage 1 – Service of Notices, £120.00*
Whether you are evicting a tenant or tenants due to the expiry of the tenancy (under section 21) or due to rent arrears or other breach of tenancy (under section 8) you will need to serve the tenant with a notice telling them what they must do to avoid being taken to court by you as their landlord. The notice will also state a date after which court proceedings will begin if they don’t comply with the requirements of the notice. For service of the initial notice (section 21 or section 8) – £120 inclusive of vat*
- Stage 2 – Issue of Court Proceedings, £420.00** – £525.00***
Should your tenant fail to comply with the requirements of your notice you must bring your claim to Court to obtain an order for possession against your tenants. If there is a written tenancy agreement and the claim is based upon section 21 then you can use the Court’s accelerated procedure. Otherwise, for all other claims you need to use the standard procedure. The issue of the Court Claim requires one of the following:
- For issue of claim for possession using the accelerated procedure (section 21 with a written tenancy agreement only, up to and including initial consideration of the papers by the Court) – £420.00 inclusive of vat**
- For issue of claim for possession using the standard procedure (section 21 with no written agreement or section 8 up to and including the initial hearing/consideration of the papers by the Court – £525.00 inclusive of vat*** This quote is only made in relation to properties located in the following postcodes; BR1; E; EC; EN; HA; IG; N; NW; RM; SE1-SE18; SE28; SW1-SW12; W; WC
- Stage 3 – Eviction, £60****
Although the Court would have made an order for possession the tenancy continues until it has been lawfully brought to an end by you via the execution of a valid warrant or writ of possession.To apply for a warrant of possession and organisation of the county court bailiffs and eviction day – £60 inclusive of vat****.
*Service of the initial notice is based upon there being deemed service provisions within the tenancy agreement permitting service by post. In the absence of any such provisions it may be necessary to personally serve the tenants in which case additional fees will be incurred.
**Plus the current Court Fee of £355.00
***Plus the current Court Fee of £325.00
****Plus the current Court Fee of £121.00
For more information on our property services please visit our Tenant Eviction Page. To book your appointment please use our online enquiry form.
Right to Manage the Freehold
The Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act 2002 gives tenants a right to take over the management of their building by obtaining the right to manage the freehold. The right to manage is exercised through a right to manage company. We at Benchmark Solicitors London represent groups of leaseholders, who want to take back control of the management functions and for landlords facing this process. The landlord’s consent to this transfer of powers is not needed, nor is any order from the court. The tenants do not need to show that the landlord has mismanaged the property in any way.
Benchmark Solicitors ensure that there is an orderly transfer of these important functions. Benchmark Solicitors London charge a fixed fee of £900 plus VAT and disbursements for representing either landlords or tenants in a right to manage matter.
At Benchmark Solicitors London, we offer the following immigration applications to clients at the fixed fees stated below;-
- EEA 1 and EEA 2 – £360* inclusive of VAT;
- Tier 1 (any category) – £750* inclusive of VAT for the main applicant;
- Tier 2 – £600* inclusive of VAT for the main applicant;
- PBS Dependent – £250* inclusive of VAT per dependent;
- Tier 4 Student Visa – £400* inclusive of VAT;
- FLR (O) Application – £600* inclusive of VAT; and
- FLR (M) Application – £600* inclusive of VAT.
*These fees do not include UKBA Application Fees. VAT will not be charged to clients resident outside the UK.
For more information on our immigration advice services please contact us.
Bankruptcy Petitions and Applications
At Benchmark Solicitors London, we offer the following bankruptcy petitions and applications to clients at the fixed fees stated below;-
- Debtor’s application to bankrupt yourself where there is no requirement for additional information – £1280 inclusive of VAT, petition deposit and adjudicator’s fees; and
- Creditor’s petition to enforce a debt or other judgment against someone who owes you money – £1990 inclusive of VAT, petition deposit, court and process serving fees.*
The above amounts will be reduced if you are entitled to a court fee remission. To book your appointment please use the online enquiry form.
*A creditor’s petition has to be personally served and is triggered by the personal service of a statutory demand. The above price includes one attempt at service of the statutory demand and one attempt at service of the petition. If further attempts to serve the documents are required, or an application for substituted service is required we will charge on a time basis over and above the fixed fee. If the debtor pays the amount outstanding, prior to issue of the petition, we will charge on a time basis for work completed.
For more information on bankruptcy petitions please visit our bankruptcy petitions page.
For more information on our insolvency and bankruptcy services, please visit our insolvency and bankruptcy page.
How do I get in touch?
Contact us via our online enquiry form to book your appointment today. Don’t forget to provide us with details of your availability.